- Proactively ensure that UNITE comply with laws, regulatory requirements and guidelines related to UNITE’s business or other activities.
- Give accurate and timely counsel on a variety of legal topics, including internal policies, procedures, and controls.
- Draft and solidify agreements, contracts, and other legal documents to ensure UNITE’s full legal rights.
- Provide clarification on legal language or specifications.
- Provide counsel and communication regarding changes in laws and regulations to secure compliant business decisions and knowledge in the organisation.
- Support the Risk function in identifying, managing, and reviewing regulatory risks, and in the assessment of UNITE’s governance model from a regulatory standpoint.
- Research, evaluate and advice on legal and regulatory risk factors regarding business decisions and operations.
- Collaborate with external Legal Counsel when needed.
Requirements for education and experience
The successful candidate will report directly to the Chief Risk Officer and will be expected to manage a wide range of tasks and topics at all levels in the organisation. As such she/he must be comfortable with the role’s exposure as well as its broad scope.
- Minimum a master’s degree in Norwegian Law or related field.
- In-depth knowledge of corporate law and procedures.
- Good organisational, prioritisation and time-management skills.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and people skills.
- Excellent research, analytical and organizational skills.
- Highest degree of professional ethics and integrity.
- Pro-active and self-motivated.
- Ability to manage uncertainty as well as a broad scope of tasks, both big and small.
- Previous working experience as a Legal Counsel in a business environment, or comparable, is preferred.
We can offer
- New business and new activity (no one are doing the same as of today) – but in an established market with well-known participants (banks only)
- You will be able to take part in an exciting journey, where there will be no shortage of small and large challenges – at the same time as it will open up great opportunities, both in Norway and internationally
- Good colleagues in a supportive working environment characterised by competence, collaboration, and commitment
- Participation in internal and external compliance training
- Get to know industry-specific technical solutions and tools better
- Professional and personal growth
- Contact with the academic community in Norway and abroad
- Competitive conditions
- Modern premises in central Fredrikstad (directly by the train station)